11 October, 2007

Thoughts About Work



When is it justified in the work world that we are to give ourselves over completely to each customer. There is a line between work self and self self. The worst is when you work with tyrant pigs named Danielle, the co-worker from hell, the one who is always right, and always has an opinion on your sales performance. Since day one this woman has treated me like a piece of dog shit, something she just didn't want to deal with. And come the moment that I had a question about this new industry she'd yell at me and belittle me intelligence.




After a year of insults, rude attitude and disrepect I finally told her something simple yesterday ... "You know what FUCK YOU". As simple as it was, it felt beautiful to take her control away for a moment. This is a woman who plays by all the rules but breaks conduct in order to maintain control over those who seem smaller than her. And I think she knows this too. I've been on to her game since day one, but I've tried my best not to make this office a confrontational offiice. But to be honest, it's inevitable now that she and I will go to heads because I've become very short fused with her, this job and my customer. Actually the job itself is not so bad, it's the constant push for greatness which drives me insane. At the end of the day, I'm just a lad trying to make his rent cheque.




At the end of the day everybody's trying to make the rent, and at the end of the year we're all tired from the hours of bullshit that we endured in order to pay our taxes. This wheel isn't easy to work with but it's the wheel which makes the "world go round". Sometimes I think that we should trust in the fact that this world's going to go around and around no matter what job we take. Unfortunatley we rely on our jobs to create security and within that sense of security we fall down beneath our own self worth and develope working horse syndrome.




No comments: