14 October, 2007

Please Don't Hurt Me.


Please don't hurt me for love is not shallow
A single glance, the touch of your hand, a happy moment in paradise.
Please do not betray me for I have been hurt,
nights alone, waiting by my phone, nobody to call me.
So please behave, though it's hard -- my heart is on my sleeve, and my pain is on my arm.
So please do not hurt me.
For trust is just now building.
Please do not hurt me for my heart cannot take it.
please do not hurt me for sake of holding onto hope
that trust is real and bonds don't break, that mother's womb's for babies wake,
and kittens cry as bees fly by, when you're with me I can finally see...
why my pain was finally set free.
So please don't hurt me for I am fragile
Please don't scorn me for I am true.
Please don't betray me for I fear the worst always.
Please just show me how to trust you.

No comments: