22 October, 2007

Hey You Be True

Who's real anymore?

Who's my own?

Who can I trust?

Who's not alone?

Why's my life,

sudeenly changing?

And why's it have to change?

I felt comfortable where I was.

But then I met you.



How do I tell everybody the truth?

How can I learn to trust you?

How can I when you look at him?

How do I when it's hard to swim?.

I've drowned before and you're a lifeguard.

I've crossed the sea of depression and found you.

And yet I've come to the realization that I don't even know you.



So many faces of our pasts come into the light of the present.

And too many fears of them control us to a point ...

Are you really thinking of me when I'm gone?.

Who do you turn to when the man holds you to the gun?.

Will you trust me like I'm trying to trust you?

Will you take down those curtains and open your door?.



I'm not in it for the gain, I'm in it for us.

I'm not ready to watch you pack it up and leave by bus.

I'm not ready if you're holding a secret.

Hey you be true.

To me.

To You.

No comments: