17 July, 2007

Masks






Two selves to one being in a single night. It's so confusing within all of us. I think it's hard to be true to a moment. I find it difficult to be honest when the children are being hit. I find it hard to sing when the crowd is young. I find it easier when the audience is dead.








Allow me to now list the people that I am in different given environments :





The Brother


The Desperate Lover


The Gay Boy


The Artist


The Comedian


The Life Of The Party


The Depressed Youth


The Angry Son


The Angsty Teen


The Female


The Feminist


The Singer


The Writer


The Professional


The Travel Agent


The House Cleaner


The Son


The Closet Case


The Straight Guy


The Thinker


The Philosopher


The Fashionista


The Celebrity "Wanna be"


The Corr Sister


The Downtown Club Boy


The Toriphile


The Flamer


The Bimbo


The Devout Catholic


The Pro Lifer


The Pro Choicer


The "I'm so pissed at the christian church"


The Anti Government Guy


The Equal Rights Activist


The Backstabber


The Gossip Queen


The Cheater


The Stealer


The Tease

The Best Friend

The Star Of The Hour

The Jealous Boyfriend

The Loving Franciscan

The Spiritual Pagan

The Dancing Fool

The New York Doll

The Woman meets Man In The Flesh

The Human; "So if I die today I'll be the Happy Phantom."

The power of masks lies behind the ability to shape shift within different persona's. Each of us play a role in human interaction, it's all a matter of who we want to be today and who we want to become tomorrow. The process can compliment each other. If I am not myself today, then I can be you for the moment; but tomorrow I'll have to step back from the vacation and be myself again. This is a defense process and it helps us to form character. I've gotta finish this one later.

No comments: