17 November, 2007

The Big One.



I lost my virginity last night. I gave it away.

I lost my virginity - why must we say it that way.

What do we gain when "purity" is lost?.

Lost is such a strong word, a suggestion of emptiness.

And though I feel somewhat alone emotionally,

and though I know ... I was somewhat ready.

All that I pray is that emotion will go steady.

So please ... and I mean this please, don't treat me like a horse.

For I'm raw, and open and I feel the start of a new course.

"You're a man now" so they say, honey I don't think it'll ever be that way.

Some parts of me are crying for the innocence lost.

My body is lying in a puddle of lust.

But with each lesson learned, and at the end of the day.

First sexual experiences, are bound to take place some day.

So why not here, why not now?.

Sure it wasn't a castle or a fairytale.

The candles that you always longed for,

the music that you thought you'd play.

The kisses wished returned with praise.

The worries of today.

No comments: