05 September, 2007

The Path





I've been on this walk before, all you've gotta do is lock the door.

When your honesty makes you turn inward.

So that noman or woman can see you cry.

And to this your smile and unkissed lips, I can't deny,

That longing has brought us here, yet fear holds me back.

And so I'm saving secret kisses until it's hinted that,

I won't be hurt and you won't be mean

Something of a tragedy this persuit is left unseen.


And maybe you don't see it, and maybe that's unkind.

But the truth is that I see you, far and from behind.

And your smile makes me think

And your eyes make me smile

and your hug soothes my fear.

That wer'e only for a while.


So maybe I should take this path,

and maybe it's with you.

The songs once sung of yesterday

have nothing to do with you.

And as I write this melody, I ask of you one thing.

That you will never forget the night when you and I agreed to sing.



No comments: