18 September, 2007

For Then Shall We Know.



Maybe honesty is hard

Well I know this for a fact.

To look inside and outside I deny.

Deny my honesty and my passions.

Deny all that is truth within me.

In order to remain stagnant.

In order to make it safe.


Safety is an issue.

Safety is our friend.

If we fail to talk it out.

We'll make it to the very end.


So can be said of love

And so can be said of religion.

So can the same be tossed like a crumb

to the foot of that city pigeon.


Hard to find,

You are on my mind.

But somethings different,

something has changed.

I fear to tell you for sake of emotions engaged.

"It's not you, It's me", Oh what an open lie that can be,

"I'm trying to figure this out" - -


Why can't I be honest

to you and me

but there is something in your eyes

those deep dark eyes

that when you dare look into mine

I can feel your affection and care.


Spinning in circles with a few extra voices in my head

I am wondering if you should stay the night or get out of my bed

Do I want you?, do I need you?, what am I feeling here.

Do I long for your love, or do I need some time alone?.


Oh this sick sad, horrible confusion.

A battle of my emotions.

A battle of my will.

A Battle to be less spoken

Until the time stands still.


For then shall I know....

Then shall we know.



No comments: